Blog Posts > W.Va. ACA rolls: Of 12,000, More Than Half Newly Insured
December 31, 2014

W.Va. ACA rolls: Of 12,000, More Than Half Newly Insured

Charleston Gazette – Of the more than 12,000 West Virginians who have enrolled in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act between Nov. 15 and Dec. 15, more than half are newly insured, according to an announcement Tuesday from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Read

According to the DHHS, 12,283 people enrolled in plans through the marketplace through Dec. 15, in time for coverage beginning Jan. 1. Of those, 54 percent signed up for the first time, while the other 46 percent re-enrolled and selected new insurance plans. The number excludes those who did not opt to change their coverage and who were automatically re-enrolled in their existing plans on Dec. 16, according to the DHHS.

Perry Bryant, executive director of West Virginians for Affordable Health Care, said more than 6,000 new enrollees is a good start to West Virginia’s open enrollment and that he hopes to see the state match its numbers for last year’s enrollment period.

Donate Today!
Icon with two hands to donate today.
Donate

Help Us Make West Virginia a Better Place to Live

Subscribe Today!
Icon to subscribe.
Subscribe

Follow Our Newsletter to Stay Up to Date on Our Progress

Thanks for reading our post 🙂

We have a great newsletter, join below:

Select list(s) to subscribe to


By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy, 8 Capitol Street, Charleston, WV, 25301. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact